Time to go back to school
My husband has been out of work since January and taking classes to get his Journeyman’s license for plumbing. Needless to say, as the months have passed, some things have had to be set aside in order to take care of our needs. One area I’ve been trying to save money is our grocery budget. Thank the Father I came across Grocery University . I’ve only started reading and listening to the lessons but already I’ve learned something important.
One of the first things Carrie Isaac, the author of Grocery University, says is that you have to change the way you think about grocery shopping and meal planning. She recommends finding out what is on sale at the stores near you BEFORE you make a meal plan or grocery list. I’ve always been told to make a grocery list and meal plan, but normally the order is reversed – make your meal plan, your grocery shopping list and then check out the sales papers. By letting what is on sale determine what you serve, you’re able to buy your groceries at a reduced price which helps with your food budget.
As I said, I haven’t finished listening to the many audios which are included in the program or read the corresponding Student Workbook, but I’m very impressed so far. I can only expect the remainder of the program to be as good, if not better, than the first four chapters. If you’re searching for a way to save money on your food budget, you might want to look at Grocery University. The program includes:
- Change Your Mindset about Menu Planning
- Stockpile Your Way to Savings
- Budgets – Know How Much You Spend
- The Number One Source of Coupons
- Catalinas – More Than a Salad Dressing
- Printable Coupons – Print ‘Money’ at Home
- E-Coupons – The Wave of the Future?
- Still More Types of Coupons
- Common Coupon Terminology Explained
- How to Organize Your Coupons
- Learning Your Stores’ Coupon Policies
- A Word about Mail-In Rebates
- How Grocery Store Sales Work
- Don’t Fall for Marketing Gimmicks
- Combining Sales + Coupons for Meximum Savings
- Working Special Sales and Promotions
- I’m Lost – Where Do I Start?!
I’ve signed up as an affiliate. So, if you click on either the above link or the button on the side, it will have my affiliate link. I hope you’ll at least take a look. If you think this is something you could benefit from, by all means, give it a try. Carrie has a 60 Day Money Back Guarantee, so what have you got to lose? The possibility of saving money is great.